Taking up the baton from the previous 24 successful festivals, the 25th Kalamata International Dance Festival uses Time as its theme, and for 10 days brings together big names of the contemporary dance scene and the most recent artistic trends into a great celebration for dancers, visitors and the residents of Kalamata.
The Festival managed to establish itself as the longest institution in our country, with a unique orientation in contemporary dance and with international radiation, highlighting groups and artists from the world stage of modern dance, whose work is shaping the history of contemporary dance.
Another integral part of the Festival are the workshops and talks aimed at dance students and professions alike, while other parallel events include publications and video dance productions, screenings of films and documentaries, photography exhibition and concert.
More specifically, the 25th Kalamata International Dance Festival programme includes:
- 11 performances at the Kalamata Dance Megaron (four at the Main Stage, six at the Studio, and one in a specially created space in the wings of the Main Stage
- 12 outdoor dance performances in Kalamata’s main square (free admission) and one outdoor performance at Costa Navarino; all outdoor performances will be broadcast the following day at Costa Navarino
- A photography exhibition by Josef Nadj at the Kalamata Dance Megaron lobby
- The screening of a documentary on dancer Louise Lecavalier in the Kalamata Dance Megaron forecourt (free admission)
- The screening of two films by Béla Tarr and discussion with the director himself, open to the public, in the Kalamata Dance Megaron Studio
- A musical evening in the Kalamata Dance Megaron forecourt in collaboration with the International Kalamata Music Days festival, organized by the Kalamata Municipal Conservatory (free admission)
- An educational programme with four professional workshops, a public lecture, a workshop for children, a workshop for adults over 50, and a workshop for people with disabilities
- A performance by the children’s workshop as the Festival’s opening event and a performance by the people with disabilities workshop on the last day of the Festival.
See more details about the program and the performances on the website of Festival: kalamatadancefestival.gr